Call for communications and Posters
Terms and conditions
We are very pleased to invite you to submit an abstract for the ICONE4 “4th International Conference in Neuroethics” which will take place in Porto, Portuguese Catholic University, Portugal, on the 27th of April 2018.
- Scientists, researchers and professionals are invited to submit abstracts thematically related to the Conference.
- The members of the Organizing Committee and of the Scientific Committee cannot submit abstracts and present posters.
- Any author is allowed to submit more than one work, up until 3.
- The author that makes the presentation must be registered until April 15th. At least one of the authors must be present at the Conference. Only in these conditions will the poster be exposed and receive participation certificates.
II. ABSTRACT SUBMISSION RULES
The abstract to be submitted to the Scientific Committee shall contain:
- Title of the communication or the poster, introduction, key words, development and conclusion. The abstract must not contain any identification of the authors in order to assure the process of double blind review by the scientific committee;
- Images, graphics or illustrations within the abstract can be sent, in a maximum of two, in colors or black and white;
- In a separate file: cover sheet with the identification of the authors: full name, institutional affiliation, telephone and e-mail of the 1st author, to whom all the correspondence will be sent; the author responsible for the presentation, has to been identified also indicating a telephone contact and e-mail.
- The abstract must be written in Arial font (size 11; 1,5 spacing; justified text);
- Abstract length should not be longer than 600 characters (with no spaces).
- Abstracts must be sent to the Secretariat using the following electronic addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, before March 30, 2018.
III. ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
- Abstracts must be submitted in digital format, in MS Word (.doc) format or Acrobat (.pdf), exclusively to the email address: email@example.com.
- After the submission, the first author will receive the confirmation of the reception of each abstract;
- In the cases of multi-authorial papers, only one of the authors should send the abstract;
- Notification of acceptance/rejection will be sent via email to the corresponding author before Abril, 7 2018. Nevertheless, authors will be notified of the decision 15 days after submission.
- The communication should be faithful to its approved abstract content, considering the same goals, developments and conclusions;
- Communications must be submitted in Portuguese, English or Spanish.
Abstracts will be previously selected by the Scientific Committee, in accordance with the criteria established with the same. According to the criteria, the opinion of "ACCEPT" or "DO NOT ACCEPT" will be issued. The Scientific Committee will designate the best poster.
Authors will be notified of the decision of the Scientific Committee by post or by email until 7/04/2018.
Evaluation of communications will be made by the Scientific Committee according to the following criteria: environment; methodology, scientific content; timeliness; originality and presentation.
Certificates will be issued to authors and presenters.
Any doubts about aspects of this regulation or missing situations must be asked by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Organizing Committee is responsible for judging and deciding any question not provided in this regulation.
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to modify the dates, communicating the changes through their website: www.bioetica.porto.ucp.pt/pt/icone.